Monday, January 12, 2009

Take a peek into Scarlet's first week of life...

We feel very blessed to have received all of the support and love our friends and family have shown us this past week. Our friends the Jenkins were kind enough to watch over the boys when at the last minute the Dr. decided to induce on Monday instead of Thursday (knowing my parents would not be arriving until Tuesday.)



Many have asked about the delivery and without going into too much detail because I want this post to be about Scarlet; the delivery was difficult. Even difficult to talk about. After having Scarlet the Dr. came to the realization that not only was my epidural not working it looked like the catheter had fallen out...meaning it really didn't work. After screaming, crying, and entering a state of shock the little one or should I say big one entered the world. I would have loved to have been more aware of her and my surroundings but, I guess my body did a great job of hiding a bit from me. I don't remember how many people pushed on my stomach to get her out, I don't remember seeing Brandon in the delivery, and I for sure don't remember the pushing lasting only ten minutes but, I am grateful that Scarlet was much less traumatized then Jace was when he was born and, it's amazing how in love our little family is with this sweet angel already.



Scarlet had many visitors the two days she was in the hospital.



Kim Taggart


Eleanor Bachrach


Nora Robinson



Ramona Oettli and her daughter Maria




Sarah Johnson. Sarah is so sweet. She had no idea I was stressing about not having a headband and showed up to the hospital with one that she made insisting that Scarlet could not be wheeled around the hospital without a headband.



Nonny and Poppy (my parents) left freezing cold SLC to visit us




Love at first sight...


Coming Home...






We were so very concerned with how her brother Kai would handle this change and so far he has been the sweetest little guy around.


*Whenever he hears Scarlet cry he is at her side within seconds telling her it will be all right.


*He tells us that his job when she is getting her diaper changed is to hold her hand while she cries. (he has held her hand every single time he has been home other than the middle of the night.)


*When I hear him playing Magic (what he calls make believe) Scarlets name is always mentioned and I haven't heard any Star Wars characters mentioned since she was born


*When he wakes up in the morning instead of wanting breakfast he wants Scarlet


*He has made up several new songs for her that he sings daily


*It is so sweet to hear him say, "Scarlet it's okay, you're all done, Scarlet it's okay sweetie pie you're all done."



Another great treat this past week was that Nonny and Poppy (my parents) came to visit. We had so much fun with them and miss them sooo much. They were too funny and I think their favorite part of Katy, Texas is HEB. They don't have grocery stores in AZ, CA, or UT for that matter that compare to the grocery stores in Texas.


There's nothing better than a little brotherly love...





Scarlets first at home sponge bath...



Our last event of the week was a visit from Stacy Richards. She brought Scarlet the cutest "Pinkalicious" P.J.'s and book...thanks Stacy. :-)

10 comments:

Sonia said...

She is sooo beautiful. I'm just sooo sad I have to wait until the summer to meet her. I may have to tag along with Adam to Katy soomer. I'm sorry to hear about your delivery. My first was that way...that's why Adam was seven when Avery was born, lol! I hope you're feeling better now!

Amy said...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet her. SHe looks adorable. Jared can't wait to meet her either.

cortney and neil said...

She is so dang cute. I was going to send my gift really fast, and then decided I am going to return it instead because I am afraid she has about outgrown it :) So you will be getting one soon. I'm sorry the delivery was rough. B was quite concerned when I talked to him. I can't wait to meet this little one. I love ya tons.
p.s. I also miss the grocery stores in tx. Heck I miss the food in general!

Kristin said...

I'm so sad I haven't been able to see her yet! Our whole family has a cold! Hopefully we'll get rid of the nastiness by this weekend! I'm so glad that you guys had so many visitors!

Courtni said...

Sorry that the delivery was so rough, but the outcome is SO beautiful! I can tell by the pictures that you are already having fun having a girl to dress up :-) So glad that she is here and healthy. Love the pictures of her with the boys...precious!

Cassie said...

she is soo gorgeous and healthy! Congratulations. And how wonderful for her to come to a family full of so much love, and friends too. Hope you're recovering well.

Taryn and the boys said...

She is so sweet! I can't wait to hold her, as soon as we are all better. How cute is Kai, that is so fun to see how much they both already love their little sister.

Jer & Di said...

Alyssa..this is so fun to see all these pictures. You have a beautiful family. Please tell your parents hello for us, they look terrific. Memories just flood over me when I see these pictures. RB Ward really holds a wonderful place in my heart!

QnA Drapers said...

Oh Aly- she is so cute! Way to go on that delivery. You are awesome. Loved seeing the pics of your parents- haven't seen them for years!!

courtney said...

hey check out cj98.blogspot.com and cute baby

 
Clicky Web Analytics