Sunday, March 1, 2009

Grandma Comes to Texas




We were so blessed to have our grandma (B's mom) come help us for three weeks after my parents left. She had originally planned on staying two weeks but, when unexpected complications came up from the delivery and Brandon decided to meet a few investors at the Super Bowl she changed her flight and stayed another week. Thank you so much grandma you helped us more than you'll ever know.


A little grandmotherly love goes a long way...





Siblings...



Since grandma grew up with two parents that were Librarians and had Brandon reading by the time he was three years of age Brandon had one requirement when she got here. That she help Jace brush up on his reading skills and that she start Kai on his way. To my surprise she did a great job and indeed Kai was well on his way by the time she left.



Daddy picking up where grandma left off...






While grandma was here my good friend Lindsay who owns Banner Boutique sent a box full of beautiful headbands...


Yes, she already has the force with her and Jace says, that the blue light saber is her seat belt that is added protection to the force. :-)


Grandma and Jace at Jace's basketball game where he made two baskets!!



And, of course the trampoline that I am quickly starting to regret purchasing. Brandon loves to jump off of the roof onto his back. The worst part is is that his back actually touches the ground as he lands on the net. I usually go inside when this starts to take place because I get so upset.



No worries, Jace is only trying to get a ball. He promises he will never jump like his dad...ya right!!
Kai working on his back flip and a few other tricks (he has names for them I just don't remember what they are considering they are made up and not your traditional trick)...




The fatigue is starting to set in with daddy either from the active boys in our house, the presence of a newborn, or most likely BOTH...





This is a rare commodity around here but, we'll take it whenever it presents itself...


Our grandma is definitely amazing. Every time a grandchild is born she makes them a blanket. The craziest part about it is that she didn't like the one she made Jace when he was born so she made him a new one but much larger. It fits his "TWIN" size bed.

Grandma, Jace, and his blanket

Grandma, Kai, and his blanket
Grandma, Scarlet, and her blanket
Grandma, the kiddos, and all of their beautiful blankets...

Thank you grandma for everything. We wouldn't have been able to get through these past three weeks without you. We love and miss you!!

5 comments:

The Moore's said...

I second that grandmas are the best especially when there is a new baby involved. Grandmas are really the only people who I would let wash and fold our underwear! IT seems they always do laundry for me when a baby is born. I dont know what I would do without my mom!

cortney and neil said...

Oh we love grandma Susan! She is so sweet, I wish she would come and teach my kids to read. Thier dunce mom isn't doing so hot. So tell B I have been laughing ever since I saw his little trampoline trick. I hope he doesn't injure himself. Maybe he should stick to playstation. :) OH and of course once again Scarlet is adorable!
Love ya tons

Taryn and the boys said...

How fun to be able to have her around for so long, I'm sure that was so nice for you. I love the pictures of your kids together how sweet. I'm glad Sam's not here right now so he didn't see the pictures on the tramp. He doesn't need any new ideas on how to get hurt on ours. Half the time after he goes out there with the boys to play the comment I hear when he gets back in is how old he is. Hope all is going well with you guys!!

Unknown said...

Seeing the pictures again brings warm feelings and makes me miss you guys even more. I love all of you! Grandma Susan

Molly Koch said...

what a fun post. looks like you guys are hanging in there. we are terrified of taking the plunge to 3 kiddos. how great are grandmas- what would we do without the help. you guys are darling and i love those black and whites you put up.

 
Clicky Web Analytics