Sunday, August 3, 2008

Finished and "SHOCKED"

DON'T WORRY I DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY IN THIS POST!!

Late Friday night I was supposed to attend a party at midnight to pick up this book. Do you think I stayed up long enough to attend?? No, I feel asleep and did not waken until morning which now is probably a good thing considering how late I stayed up the past two nights to finish this book.
I must say going into this I was a little concerned as to how Meyer's would make everything okay. If Bella turned into a vampire it wouldn't be a completely happy ending because she would be leaving Charlie, Renee, and Jacob (not to mention becoming Jacobs enemy.) If she picks Jacob yes, should would be with a human and be able to have children which is a wonderful offer but, there would always be the "what if" about Edward. Finally, if she stayed human, would she ever be able to be intimate with Edward? And, how many mortal and especially "immortal" enemies would she acquire as she got old and eventually died?
To me, I couldn't comprehend being satisfied with this final book, but I must say that Meyer's pulled it off in a way I never ever imagined. The first half I did not love this book I was just completely and utterly "shocked." But, she pulled it off. Of course she would if she wanted to sell more books in the future. It is just too good and perfect how it turns out. PLEASE CALL ME WHEN YOU FINISH. I HAVE FOUND THAT I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS BOOK YET.
Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Ashli said...

My plan is to let my kids watch TV today in hopes of getting some reading in. My girlfriend already finished too and is dying to talk to someone about it. I have to admit right now I really have no idea how I want it to end. I just got it last night and haven't been able to open it yet. I'm glad Stephanie was able to make it work.

Karen said...

Your killing me!

Jeni and Dave said...

Finished! But, I don't know your number.

I'll email you mine! Wow! Loved it!!

Jeni

The Harbertson Family said...

Yes! I just finished this morning and I feel the same way. She ended it perfectly. Which was funny cuz when I finished the last three, I was still hungry for more but now it's like I feel like it's complete. Can you believe what a talented writer she is? Amazing.
Did you know I ran into your brother when I was in Utah a couple weeks ago? Geeze, that made me feel old. Congrats on the baby girl!!! You're gonna have so much fun!

Karen said...

I finished! It was awesome!

 
Clicky Web Analytics