Thursday, July 31, 2008


I must say the funniest part about this post is that I created it a week ago knowing that I was probably having a boy yet, I did not create a boy post. I really hoped we were having a girl and this pregnancy has been different but, I still felt the odds were more in favor of a boy.
We were almost sent home from the ultrasound today not knowing what we were having because the baby was so active (strange, I feel like this baby is so calm compared to the other two). As soon as a I told the tech Brandon had flown here from Switzerland just for this she suggested we try a completely different type of ultrasound (internal). After trying different positions she saw that it was a little girl but, I questioned her expertise anyways. I asked if she promised that it was a girl..and she said that she wouldn't tell me if she wasn't sure. I then asked the final question before we all started laughing, "Are you sure you're sure?" So I guess we are sure that it's a girl.
Right after we went shopping for about five or six hours (we have the best baby-sitter) and only bought clothes for the boys. It wasn't until the last store that we bought a few girl items...and I must say that after having two boys a girl is so foreign to me in everyway.
Anyways, we are thrilled. :-)

24 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Now I get to go to the store!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You are going to love having a girl--shopping will come very easy.

The Moore's said...

how fabulous!! Congrats! Heather

brooklyn said...

congrats! i totally know what you mean about a girl being foreign territory. my first was a boy and then a girl. even shopping in the girls section of the clothing store seems wrong. i'm excited for you. see you at the wedding. (and i guess meet you at the wedding - is it so weird that i read your blog?)

Jeni and Dave said...

Hooray! Congratulations! Little girls are the very best!! (;

Amber said...

wow! wow! wow! I am so excited for you. the transition is strange, why do you think Sienna has a blue room, I just mentally could not do the pink. SOOOOOOO COOOOOOL!! I know it is exciting but why did Brandon fly home from Switzerland, Jason would NEVER!!!!!!! he was threatning he might not be in town for Sienna's birth!!! and he was only in DC. who knows what those boys are thinkin'

Courtni said...

Congratulations! Having a girl is so much fun...and unfortunately for your bank account, you won't be shying away from girl's clothes for too long! How fun that your little girl will have big brothers watching out for her!

cortney and neil said...

Congrats I am so excited for you.

B. said...

Ahhhhh! I am so excited for you! I love little girls so much- (i love boys too!)

It's so fun that by the time she's born, she'll be my niece. Congratulations!

Ashli said...

Congrats!!! So exciting. Here's to all things pink.

Karen said...

That is wonderful news..I'm so excited for you!

Karly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girls are sooooooo fun! Bring on the pink and the bows and the bracelets and more pink!! YOU WILL HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!! A little girl YAY!

Anonymous said...

You better tell Brandon to start saving his money because his bank account is about to be drained!!! Wooohoooo!! I am SOOOO excited for you- this girl is going to be spoiled and you know it!! Congrats!! :)

Sonia said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations! That is sooo exciting! Please keep us updated on your blog. I'll have to send you something!!! You guys are going to have soo much fun, tell Brandon to "be ready," those girls have a way with their daddies!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I love having by little girl. It is so much fun. But so different. All those clothes, bows, shoes... it goes on and on. You'll love it. It is nice to switch things up a bit! Congrats!!!

Blake, Jamie & Samantha Holiday said...

Congratulations! I've never had a boy myself, but we've watched a load of of nephews grow up...having a girl is SO different! The funniest thing is how Samantha just knows how to hold and take care of a baby...just like her mom!

Krissy Lowe said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I can't even imagine what it would be like- What is Brandon doing in Switzerland?

Brett and Meredith said...

Congrats on the baby girl! They are pretty fun! She will surely be absolutely adorable, just like her big brothers.

Meagan said...

Congratulations!! YIPEE YIPEE!!!

Julie said...

How fun!! Girls are so much easier to shop for than boys...almost too much easier. Congrats on the news.

Brittany said...

I am so excited for you. Maybe there is hope for me to get my girl yet. Congrats!!!!

Emily VO said...

how exciting, you are going to have a blast shopping for girlie things.

Andrea said...

Alyssa, I am so happy for you! A new baby girl in your family!!! I can't even imagine how much love she is going to get. What a lucky little baby. Congratulations!

Stacie Orr said...

I Can't believe you are pregnant and having a girl!!! I want a girl!! I'm so happy for you!

 
Clicky Web Analytics