Sunday, March 16, 2008

sWiMmInG dAY aNd NiGht

My three fish....



When Jace was three and Kai was thirteen months I decided to start them in the infant aquatics program (http://www.infantaquatics.com/). I realized right off being around water day and night they needed to know how to swim and how to save themselves if needs be.




Jace caught on very quickly and loved being in the water!






Kai being younger grasped the float concept better than Jace did. Studies have shown that infants will adapt better to the roll flip technique than a toddler or an older child. Even though he developed the techniques more completely he did not like to swim.

Kai's version of floating




After a couple of years in the infant aquatic program they both have learned to love swimming, have advanced years beyond their age. If you ask them they say, "they love to race each other, dive, and just play around." For me I happy to know that if at any point they need to save themselves...they can!!



Kai-twenty three months

Jace three years old

3 comments:

Amber said...

that is amazing aly, I have heard of putting babies, or little kids in your case in swimming, but it is crazy to actually see it. I can't believe that picture of Kai just floating in the water all by himself!

Brett and Meredith said...

That is soooo awesome! I would love to do something like that for our kids...such and important, and FUN, skill! Your boys look sooo grown up!

Sonia said...

I'm so excited you posted the link! I remember you telling me about it, but I couldn't remember where they took the lessons! That's just amazing!!!

 
Clicky Web Analytics