Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We love...


new Glitter Words - http://www.sparklee.com traditions at our house.

Every year Brandon puts a ton of orange lights in our trees outside. Sometime this past September he came to me and asked if we had to do lights this year. I pouted a little and then said, "I would love it if you did but, I guess you don't have to." A little while later he came to me and said, "I have decided to not put all of the lights up, I'm just going to make a jack-o-lantern out of lights in our big tree." I really thought this was just a cop-out and had no faith that it would work whatsoever.

Can you believe it it actually turned out pretty good. We had neighbors that claimed they would wait outside every night in their garages or on their bikes to see the big Jack-O-Lantern come to life. I guess I should trust Brandon a little more when it comes to my perfectionist ways. He's actually pretty creative and a perfectionist in his own way which often turns out more perfect in the end.



We also got this advent calendar this year. It was definitely a hit with the boys and I did not even use one piece of candy. I stuffed each day with Halloween crafts, Halloween pencils, Halloween stickers, Halloween stamps, Halloween movies, and Halloween books. It was such a fun way to celebrate the season. :-)

5 comments:

Taryn and the boys said...

I love the pumpkin! You should have told us about it so we could have come by and seen it, next year.

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

That is awesome. I really like the pumpkin tree. That is so creative.

cortney and neil said...

Tell B I am thoroughly impressed!

Alta said...

That is creative, I am so impressed. Who needs to carve pumpkins anymore?

Anonymous said...

hey girl- lindsaybanner1@hotmail.com

 
Clicky Web Analytics