Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Parades, Parties, and one stubborn little boy...

His shirt and face say "monster" which is exactly what he was that morning


I usually don't have much to complain about especially when it comes to my kids but, I must say that the morning of the boys Halloween party and parade at school was one of the most exhausting experiences I have had this pregnancy. We arrived at school about five minutes early to finish up a few last minute pieces of the boys costume that had to be done after we got out of the car. As soon as I put Kai's Dragon costume on he had a "ROYAL FIT". Screaming and crying, "get this thing off of me" (keep in mind he was the one who picked this costume and had already tried it on and had no problem with it). I promised him as soon as we got into the school I would take it off hoping he would forget once he saw all of the other children. As minutes went by I picked up all forty pounds of him, backpacks, a huge baby in my belly and marched in. The screaming and crying did not stop and by the time I got him to his classroom I could not peel him off of me to even take the costume off. Finally after all of the chaos of getting the costume off he did not participate in the parade, class pics., and most of his class party. He attended Jace's party with me and afterwards asked if he could put the costume on. I simply said "no" and marched him down to his class to finish the last little part of his party. Afterwards I went straight home to take a three hour nap. :-)


Jace's Party




Never a dull moment with these boys...

or with Jace that is...


Always being goofy...




The last little bit of Kai's party...like nothing ever happened...



Games


and more games since this was the last bit of the party...






At least he's happy now. I realized half way through the ordeal that that was all that
mattered. :-)

7 comments:

Ashli said...

Sorry it was such an ordeal. Aren't kids fun? I guess we just take the good with the bad.

Hope you are feeling well. Any names for your little miss?

Sonia said...

Oh man have I had those days! I'm glad to hear he was finally happy though! You're right, that is all that matters!

Taryn and the boys said...

I love that look on Kai's face in the first picture, classic.

Emily VO said...

I look at your 64 days left on your little floating baby and get all sorts of jealous. The boys look adorable.

Courtni said...

I'm sorry that I laughed -- it is always funnier if it isn't your own child :-) Glad that everything turned out good! Even with the little pout, he is darling.

cortney and neil said...

I'm sorry, but I was laughing as I was reading this. He just looked like a stinker in that first picture. He is so cute though. How are you feeling. One month to go!

cortney and neil said...

I guess more like 2

 
Clicky Web Analytics