Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our typical 'cRaZy' Thanksgiving morning


Every year early Thanksgiving morning I run a 5k and Brandon organizes and plays Flag Football at the same time. There have been years where we have gotten a babysitter just so we can live out our passions. This year being eight almost nine months prego I decided not to run the 5k but, after watching me race last year Jace decided to take this challenge on himself and run the kids 1 mile race. Every time we drive on Peek Road (the race course) Jace asks if it is almost Thanksgiving and time to run his race. Early Thursday morning I woke him about 6:00am asking if he still wanted to run (hoping he would say no so this could be the one year we sleep in) but no, he asked me to make him oatmeal for breakfast so he wouldn't get cold during the race. After breakfast I told him to lay in my bed hoping he would fall asleep while I got his running gear ready. Fat chance, he was sitting up and ready to go when I came back.

Probably the most enjoyable part for Brandon and I was when Brandon found Jace half way through the race, Jace took one look at Brandon and said, "Dad, I should have said NO." After the race Jace said, "Mom, I didn't like this race so much." I asked, "What part didn't you like?" "The running part." I then asked, "What part did you like?" "The part when I got a ribbon."
I guess running is not his thing, but he claims he is doing it again next year.
"Silly" face


The "infamous" ribbon



B can't live without his "Turkey Bowl." Our first year of marriage he spent $400.00 on flags for flag football promising they would never go unused. Whether we have been in Utah with family and friends, co-workers, grad school with students, or different wards he has always planned and announced Flag Football. This year he played with a broken toe, and claims he did the Superman dive into the endzone and injured his back (he still thinks he's in high school.) I guess boys will be boys. :-)

4 comments:

Courtni said...

I'm with Jace -- it is the running part of those things that I don't like either ;-) Cute that he did it though...and exciting you are getting so close to having your baby!

Sonia said...

That is sooo cool that Jace did that! What a good sport. And Brandon, playing with a broken toe, yup...boys will be boys!!!! They never outgrow their sports, lol!!!

cortney and neil said...

He is so cute. Your fam amazes me. I hope you are feeling good. I can just picture how cute you probably look. Tiny from the back and WoW from the front! :) Melissa had her baby about two weeks ago. It was a little girl and they names her Leigha (I don't know if I spelled it right) She is adorable though. I will send you the pics. Love ya tons

Anonymous said...

gotta love it! You are an awesome boy mom!!! I think that was a wide choice to sit this year out with the whole running thing yourself ;) Miss you!

 
Clicky Web Analytics