Sunday, April 13, 2008

Are you a polygamist??

The other day I went to Burger King with three friends (and all of our kids.) As we were leaving a lady walked up to me and asked, "Are all of these kids yours?" I replied, "Me and three other moms." She looked shocked, "All of these kids belong to you four?" My friend Nora jumped in and said, "what do we look like escapees??" With a serious look on her face she said, "That was my next question, are ya'll polygamist? We all kind of chuckled and said, "yah, were just the modern day type."


Between the four of us we have eleven kids. If you do the math that is three kids per mom and two kids for me. I guess in the state of Texas that qualifies as polygamist!!

4 comments:

Sonia said...

That is hilarious!!! But, I must say, I'm a little surprised someone would have been that forward! I guess because I could never do that. Sometimes I'd like to, but I wouldn't, lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.

Krissy Lowe said...

That is so funny...I guess you are in Texas right? Wow. I think that anyone who has more than two kids with them gets strange looks.

Brett and Meredith said...

Try going places with four of your own...hilarious! I think I get that comment all the time..."are these all yours?" I guess it's a legitimate question, but when they all look like me, it makes you wonder! Anyway, your kids are just sooo darling!! They've grown so much! How's Jace's head healing, by the way?

 
Clicky Web Analytics