Sunday, July 13, 2008

No swimming and lots of creativity all at the same time...what's that??

On and off for the past two weeks my kids have not been able to go swimming. Jace got swimmers ear a couple of weeks ago and Kai got a cough that triggered his Asthma. Not being able to swim became a huge problem right away. I soon realized if I did not want them to sit in front of Rock Band or their Star Wars games all day I needed to become really creative.
Let's just say instead of working on our writing, reading, ABC's, shapes, etc. for 30 to 45 minutes we actually worked on some of this stuff for up to three hours on a few of those days. One day Jace got really bored so we worked on memorizing the location of each state. He can now tell you many of the state capitals and where most of the states are located on a blank map (we'll see if he remembers these tomorrow).


We also went to a place called Ceramics by Tess where the kids can pick out whatever ceramic piece they want to paint.









Jace's friends that painted with us. :)


If this little dragon isn't creative...I don't know what is.






One of the days we went to Wall-E which Jace absolutely enjoyed. There were a few times Kai got a little bored but, both boys squealed when the heard Wall-E call Eve Eva. They have a little friend named Eva who just moved to Dallas, and they could not believe that a robot had the same name.





Thankfully, Kai is off the steroids and Jace is off the antibiotics so we can finally head back to the pools with our friends. :-)

5 comments:

cortney and neil said...

You are the best mom

Sonia said...

Poor little dudes! It sounds like you made it lots of fun though! I'm glad to hear they are feeling much better! I'm sure those two little fish are going to be soo happy to get back to the water!!!

Julie said...

Learning the states is the best! I had Kyle learn them when he was about 4 because I heard some guy on the radio not win a prize because he couldn't come up with 4 state capitols---ANY FOUR! I decided then and there that my kiddos would learn about our country.

It's amazing how fast they catch on!

The Mercer Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mercer Family said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! I added your link to mine.. hope you don't mind. It will be fun to keep in touch! Your boys look so cute...I wonder if we're going to have a couple of boys just like that. We'll see! Congrats on baby #3! Hope you guys are doing well! I'll check in again!

 
Clicky Web Analytics