Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kai Robert Walker

A couple of months ago my little Kai turned three. I was finally able to get his pictures taken this week after waiting a couple of months for two black eyes (separate incidences) to heal. There are a few things I wanted to say about him:


Kai,

Oh where to start...you definitely are a free spirit which keeps us on our toes constantly.

  • I must say that you are probably the most inquisitive person I know. You have a question for everything and need it answered immediately. Every morning as we are driving you start with your questions, "Mommy, who made the trees?" "Mommy, who made HEB?" "Mommy, who made our house?" And the best question that gets asked quite often and leads into another half an hour of questions, "Mommy, who made Heavenly Father?"


  • Kai, you definitely are not a follower. You want to do what you want when you want to regardless of what other kids are doing. I don't know if you are a leader either...you just obviously have enough confidence to not do what everyone else is doing whether you are alone or not.


  • You love to observe and I think this is how you learn. Since you were a little baby you got most satisfaction out of watching Jace. You still are like that today. You have no desire to play a video game you just want to watch Jace play it. You have no desire to play soccer even though you are really good you just want to watch it.


  • I must also say that you are probably the most stubborn little boy I have ever met. For the past two years or however long I have been concerned that you don't know your shapes. A week doesn't go by that we study shapes almost daily. Every time I ask what one is or to show me a circle you say, "I don't remember or, I forgot." Just the other morning you were eating breakfast on a SHAPES place mat. I asked you your shapes and you didn't know any of them. Out of frustration I said, "Kai, I will pay you a nickle for every shape you get right." Your eyes lit up and within seconds you had told me the name of all eight shapes on your mat and then looked at me and said, "How much money is that? Enough to buy a toy?"


  • You seek comfort from certain people in life. For one, if you are sad, tired, or want a song, you want your daddy. If you want attention or to play you want Jace and miss him greatly when he is at school. When you need a hug or a kiss you want your school teacher Miss. Mary. Sometimes I wonder if you need me at all. The other day you ran up to me several times and gave me a hug and a kiss. I was thrilled and when I said, "Thank you Kai, I love it when you hug and kiss me." You replied, "Mommy, I wasn't hugging and kissing you...I was hugging and kissing the baby."

Oh little Kai Bob you are so unique and special in your own way that I would not trade for anything in the world. I love that I can never quite figure you out and that you are full of surprise.


Happy Third Birthday!!


Love, Mommy

nine days old

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Oh my goodness, he is sooo big! What a cutie pie! He is a little sweetie, but don't worry, he'll always need his momma, even if he doesn't admit it, or show it. Aidan's that way with me, so I totally understand the hugs and kisses. I'll take them however I can get them, lol!

Karen said...

What a sweet post! I so enjoy reading all the wonderful things that you love about Kai, very touching! I'm glad that he had a happy birthday and hope that you are hanging in there :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics