Sunday, October 12, 2008

STAR WARS comes to Texas


Jace, Obi Wan Kenobi, Kai



A couple of weeks ago our local Pottery Barn Kids hosted a Star Wars event to kick off their new Star Wars bedding and to help launch the new "Clone Wars" movie. Clone Wars was first released in movie theatres to kick off the new "Clone Wars" animated series on Cartoon Network. This next Friday is the fourth episode including the one that was in the theatres and my boys (including Brandon) look forward all week to be able to see what's going to happen next.

As a child and having three younger brothers before a sister I always watched the Star War movies. When I was in college I remember going to one of the Star Wars releases at 2:30am with a bunch of friends (including cute guys). While standing in line at this release I realized how many crazy obsessed people of Star Wars were out there. I was shocked to see people in Star Wars t-shirts and costumes... I mean come on people it's just a movie, right?

Well, I now belong to a family of four that somehow seem to be as crazy and obsessed as all of these other Star Wars freaks. In a way I even support it and now, if you ask me about a character or any other Star Wars history I can more than likely answer and if not one of my three boys can. I don't know how this came about but somehow I am involved even though deep down inside I am the least bit obsessed with Star Wars.
Anyways, as we woke up early that Saturday morning to head to the "big" event. My boys started putting on their new "Clone Wars" t-shirts and grabbed all of the light sabers they could making sure to only bring green, blue, or purple (Jedi light sabers) letting the other kids know that they were on the Jedi side not the dark side. As we pulled up to the event my kids were definitely not alone. Everyone including some adults had Star Wars t-shirts on and every kid had a light saber (as I said before crazy and obsessed).



One of the two lines one hour before the event was to begin.







We had not even been waiting in line five minutes when Jace and Kai asked these older boys if the wanted to have a pretend light saber fight.





After waiting in line for an hour the boys and I left Brandon behind and went to see what the hold up was. This is where the true battle started and ended.




Once inside we finally had the once in a life time opportunity as Jace and Kai would say to meet the "REAL" Darth Vader, his storm trooper, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.




I will say after this event Jace had too many technical questions:



  • Why are Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi standing near each other without fighting?

  • How can Anakin already be Darth Vader if this event is for the Clone Wars movie?

  • If Darth Vader is good and is still alive why is Obi-Wan Kenobi still alive (Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan before he turns good)?


    I guess the people putting on this event did not do their homework!! :-)

3 comments:

Ashli said...

How fun! Ethan and even Anna for that matter would be very jealous. They love star wars. Glad it was such a fun time. Are you still working?

Courtni said...

I can't believe how many kids in line joined in on the "fight." That's dang funny. Also, I loved Jace's questions...way to raise a critical thinker :-) His teachers will be way impressed.

Unknown said...

You may not be star wars obsessed but, I believe, you do have a twilight t-shirt and were trying to embarrass me by wearing it to the movie...the boys do get it from somewhere.

 
Clicky Web Analytics