Wednesday, December 31, 2008

FALSE ALARM and rambling

Okay, I have never done this but, I am about to ramble partly for journaling purposes and the other part because I am exhausted. If you don't want to read rambling then don't read. :-)
Yesterday was a day that most pregnant women have experienced but, I haven't. Until this pregnancy the only contractions I have ever felt are those inflicted by Pitoson. Yes, I have always had to be induced due to the possibility of having a large baby (Jace 10lbs. 4 oz and 23 1/2 inches long and Kai 9lbs. 7 oz and 20 inches long). I am 5'1 and started out at 90lbs. with both of them. Sooo, I was considered high risk on both due to my weight, height, and their weight. Fortunately this time I started out at 105lbs. pushing me out of the high risk group. But, still I have never had a normal contraction until the PAST FEW MONTHS.
Yesterday I woke up having contractions five minutes apart luckily I had a Dr's. appt. at 8:45am. As soon as I got to the waiting area and started talking to one of my friends who was also in the waiting area all contractions went away. My dr. checked me and said that I was still dilated to a 3 and my cervix was very very soft (the same story I have heard for the past three weeks...meaning nothing has changed.)
I left a little surprised but quickly forgot as the boys and I met our friends for lunch. I should say my friend Heidi, her sweet little boy Tate, and as my boys would say their "girlfriends" Sophie and Cala. NO contractions through lunch...and we had a ton of fun with our friends.
Later than night at about 7:00pm I met a few of my prego friends (Linsey Stucky, Taryn Hudson, Brianna Reed, Jasmin Adams was supposed to be their but, had her baby a couple of days ago and keep in mind she was due a week after me, and then Amy Griffeth who had her cute little baby Jared a few months ago) for dinner.
As soon as we sat down I had a pretty strong contraction. What seemed like only minutes later I had another. Sooo Amy decided to time my contractions for the next hour. Most were five minutes apart, one was nine minutes apart, and two were two minutes apart. Wow, if I knew what it felt like to go into labor I might just be doing that. As soon as I got home a really hard contraction hit me knocking me to my knees and taking my breathe away. As soon as it subsided I walked in sat down and the next contraction didn't come for twelve minutes. TIME TO TAKE DOWN THE CHRISTMAS TREE MY NESTING INSTINCTS SCREAMED. As soon as I was done with the tree the contractions continued more intensely but still ten minutes apart for the next few hours. YES, I AM NOT OVERREACTING THEY HURT AND I HAD A HARD TIME BREATHING THROUGH THEM but, I didn't want to show up to the hospital after dropping my kids off at my friend Taryn's house just to have them say you're not in labor it's a false alarm. :) So I waited, took a bath, breathed hard, and screamed as quietly as I could. As soon as I got out of the bath at about 1:30am the contractions calmed down and I fell asleep just to wake up to the sun this morning.
At one point during the night my mom told me this went on for five nights with her third child. She would be in "LABOR" show up to the hospital, get hooked up to the monitor and have the contractions stop. On the fifth night the hospital finally decided to brake her water. On her fourth child she was like me determined not to go in until it was "THE REAL THING". Being the oldest I remember it was Mother's Day and she was in a lot of pain while we were eating dinner at my grandma's house. My brothers and I were playing downstairs when my parents came down to say they were going to the hospital. As soon as she got to the hospital she was not able to walk and had the baby quickly after.
Anyways, tonight is NEW YEAR'S EVE. I am going to a party and am not going to let these false contractions get in my way. Yes, I will be careful. At the latest I am getting induced on Monday yes, still almost a week early but, that's when it's scheduled.
And, as for now I am going to try to take a really nice "NAP" and try to forget all of the craziness of last night.

8 comments:

cortney and neil said...

Darn it. I have been wondering if she is here yet. I forgot to email you my numbers so here they are cell 709-6731 home 2086240266. Let me know as soon as she is here
Love ya
Cort

Amy said...

Bummer! I thought for sure you'd have your baby last night. Hang in there!

Ashli said...

I'm so sorry! Vent away you deserve it. I have been wanting to call you but know it bites to say "no baby" as well as you're not a big phone gal. Happy new Year and hope or not that you make it to Monday. Good luck. Can't wait to hear!

Courtni said...

Hope that the contractions stay away for the night while you celebrate and then that REAL labor starts soon...keep us posted! Can't wait to see your little one!

Taryn and the boys said...

I'm impressed you've been able to make it to January. Let me know if you need anything. I'm glad you put the rest of the story up. Hope you had a good New Year's Eve.

The Moore's said...

Aly, oh you are at the hardest part. I have never felt contractions either until this last baby and they never put me into full blown labor. hang in there!!

Sonia said...

My third was the first one I had actually went into labor with. The first my water broke, no contractions, had to have the pitocin, Avery had to be induced, and Aidan was my true labor, and you are not exaggerating. It does hurt, and it does take your breath away. Good luck and keep us updated, as much as you can. I can't wait to see her beautiful little face. Also, tell Brianna congrats for me...that's soo exciting! Whoo hoo!!!! When is she due?

Marci said...

I've been induced with both mine too and I hope I don't experience labor this time like you did :-)! She is SO cute!!! And I LOVE the name!!! CONGRATS!!!!

 
Clicky Web Analytics