Monday, January 11, 2010

This little love is...

ONE!!

I can't believe how quick Scarlet's first year of life has gone. Maybe it's because she is one of the most easy going people I have ever met. I have to make note that several months back I recall her dad saying, "I never knew someone could be so happy for no apparent reason until I met her." It is true she has brought nothing but joy into everyone's life around her. A few things about Miss. Scarlet:


  1. She LOVES her sleep. On a typical evening she goes to bed at 6:00pm and gets up at 8:00am. She will then take two 1 1/2 hour naps in the day.

  2. She loves talking to her dada on speaker phone in fact she calls the phone dada.

  3. She loves her brothers and loves to wrestle them. She will quietly crawl up to them, start to lean on them, and that gives them the signal that she's ready.

  4. Words in Scarlets vocab as of her first b-day: Dada, Mama, Jace, doggie, baby, uh-oh.

  5. She has four teeth

  6. loves babies

  7. Is an observer. Loves watching others, waits until they meet her eye, and breaks into the biggest grin ever.

  8. Her nick names currently are: Snips (Anakin Skywalkers young apprentice in Clone Wars), Skeela, Love, Baby (per Kai).

  9. Scarlet started out in the 99th percentile (10lbs. 2 ounces) for weight and 99th in height (21 1/2 inches) and is now:

18 pounds 1 ounce (tenth percentile)

30 inches long (ninetieth percentile)


Is wearing 6-12 month clothes and wears a size 0 or size 1 shoe...I know I'm in real trouble when she starts to walk. I've been doing quite a bit of research to find out if there are shoes made for walking that would actually fit her.



I am grateful for this photo below because her cries are far and few between. The few times she has cried have been sooo sweet and she definitely gets her little feelings hurt like any other typical girl. She had a rough time during this photo shoot because we had flown into Utah late the night before and she finally got to bed at 11:30pm Houston time (never again will I fly even remotely close to bedtime for this little one).


I took a sewing class this last semester and I made the entire outfit below headband to toe.







Scarlet, we are so grateful to have you apart of our lives. You radiate love and happiness. Happy 1st Birthday little lady!!

12 comments:

Kate said...

She is A DOLL! It is ok that she is small at 1, Ashlyn was too. Brady loved flirting with her on Sundays!

Taryn and the boys said...

i can not believe she is one. man time flies. i think the pictures turned out darling. but with her as the subject i'm not sure how they could have been bad. i love that you guys call her snips,(no explaination needed here). she is just so dang cute. i love that smile.

Ashli said...

The pictures are darling. I love the crying one too. I want your etsy info so I can makes some things too.

rmreed said...

So cute!! I can hardly believe she is already one. Can't wait for these little ones to be running around at the park and pools!
Brianna

Camile said...

What a sweetheart!!!

I can't believe how much she sleeps - Holy Cow! No wonder she's such a happy baby!

My girls have all had very small feet also. I guess I don't know the difference between walking shoes and otherwise, but they learned to walk just fine in whatever shoes they were wearing.

Babies do bring so much joy into a family, don't they? No one in our family can stay upset for very long if Aubree just gives them a smile!

Her pictures are so adorable. How is it that babies can look so darn cute even when bawling?! Way to go on that outfit you made - so cute!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!! They turned out DARLING!! LOVE the outfit you made too!! :) XOXOXO

Michelle said...

I love all the photos. She is a doll!! You made that outfit?? Way to go!! It is super adorable!! Don't worry about her height and weight. Lauren was and still is that way!!

cortney and neil said...

Oh My Ali she is adorable. I think she looks just like you. That little lucky duck!

Blake, Jamie & Samantha Holiday said...

WOW! Those pictures are so adorable. I just love girls!

The Dent Family said...

Can I order one of her? You can feel her glee, I love it! I miss our running outings and you too. BTW, your holiday PB rolls looked delightful. You Martha Stewart you.

Michelle said...

Alyssa, I still can't believe your gorgeous girl is one! These pics are fabulous! Hope all is well with you and the family.

Bonnie said...

SO cute, the pictures are gorgeous! And great job on the outfit. Scarlet is so precious, it is fun to see how much you are enjoying her. It was also great to see you in person over the holidays!

 
Clicky Web Analytics