Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Easy as Pie


I waited three months to post this entry just to make sure this really was real...and yes, it really is real. We were out to lunch in Utah with our friends the Wilson's explaining that Kai had no desire to potty train when he suddenly walked up and said, "I need to go potty on the toilet really bad." Brandon and I looked at each other, and then our friends in complete shock. Ever since that day even on the flight home he has been potty trained. There was one day two weeks into it where he was sick and had three accidents that day. Other than that he is 100% potty trained during wake time, 100% potty trained during naps, and 100% potty trained through the night with no effort on my part whatsoever...all at the age of 2 1/2.
Now, I will say that I did not get off so easy in this so called potty training "stuff". Jace was a complete different story...even to the point that I can say up to this point in parenting the hardest part has been potty training Jace. It was even a reason to post-pone child #3 because I did not want to be potty training a toddler with a baby like I did when I was potty training Jace. I think Heavenly Father knew my limits and what I could handle and figured I needed potty training with Kai to be "Easy as Pie." :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! WHat a blessing!!

Bonnie said...

I totally understand! I put off potty training Gavin because of what a horrible, drawn-out experience it was to potty train Lexie. Gavin has been so great and was trained so quickly, it makes a huge difference, doesn't it!? Congrats on getting past this one!

Janan said...

Yep, you got off easy! Kaiya is 100% awake and nap. Still working on night time. You will appreciate this story! Monday night at 1:25 a.m. I hear, "Mom, I go pee pee in my bed." I am thinking, no big deal you have on night time panties. As we walk to her room, I discover a full moon in the hallway! Arriving at the room, I find a completely dry night time pull up and a bed covered in pee. Yep, she woke up, too her nighttime pull up off and peed on her bed!! Killing me!! I might have to post this . . . hummm.

Kristin said...

That's how I feel about Avery! I hope Jeffrey is just like Kai

Jeni and Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeni and Dave said...

I guess there are no more excuses for putting off #3! (;

Tuesdee said...

I love the feeling of having a child potty trained!! Congratulations!!! I have 3 done and 1 more to go. Luckily she is only 1, so I have a little while before I have to start that again. :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics