Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sensory Day


Jace's preschool class along with three other classes had Sensory Day this past week. Kai and I were on the set-up committee and boy did we have fun. Each parent was asked to bring one gallon of jello so we could have a little swimming pool full of jello for the kids to jump in. We had a pool of ice, pool of shaving cream, spray bottles, paint brushes and buckets of water, and a flower water spout that sprayed water everywhere.


It was interesting to see neither one of my boys wanting to get into the pool of jello (it does look kind of yucky, but I think it would have been a blast.) It's not very often that you get to jump into a pool of jello.

Jace got a hold of the shaving cream and that was the end of that:)


My little OCD Kai wanted nothing to do with Sensory Day. He can't stand anything messy (he uses about twenty napkins at each meal.) Even before the kids started to come out of the school he asked if we could put the jello and shaving cream away and turn off the spraying flower. He is crying in this pic. because Jace happened to rub shaving cream on his arm.




Kai finally found his knack. Painting the playground with CLEAN water!!


We then ended the day with Popsicles:-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute Al!! Carson has the same trunks ;)

Karen said...

I'm digging the pool full of jello :)

Marci said...

That sounds like so much fun :-). I've been hitting the gym at random times and have been busy on Thursdays so I haven't been to step - maybe I'll see you this week though!

Sonia said...

They are soo cute! It looks like they had a blast! I wouldn't have gotten into the jello either, lol!!!

Amber said...

i don't blame Kai, looks grose!! I am sure they had a blast though, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it, I can't believe the pool full of Jell-o!

The Ringleader said...

Hey lady! How are you? This blog world is crazy. Fancy running into you while you are in Texas. How are you? How is life? Your kids are adorable! By the way, sensory day looks awesome. I am so glad you stopped by our blog. It's fun to reconnect after all this time.

Jeni and Dave said...

I'm super happy to see your blog and reconnect! Thanks for finding us. I can't believe how grown up your boys are! This sensory day is such a great idea. I love it.

 
Clicky Web Analytics