Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day has been so wonderful. First off, I was so shocked to pull up my blog and find the poem that Brandon had written and posted all by himself late Saturday night. They also made me breakfast in bed which is a task in itself considering we have 8:00am church.

Kai, made this beautiful tile in nursery for Mother's Day. I am so grateful for his wonderful teachers (thanks Sis. Jenkins, Sis. Fields, and Sis. Bachrach...you guys are the best!!)





It reads,"My dirty little handprint, I've left on every wall
And on the drawers and tabletop, I've really marked them all
But here is one that won't rub off, I'm giving it to you
Because I am so thankful for a mother just like you!
Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you. Love, Kai



The sweet pillow Jace made for me at school.





My mother-in-law Susan, sent me this wonderful book by President Hinckley. I am so excited to start reading it!!




The least sentimental, but still a favorite were my new cycling shoes.


For those of you that don't know, I took up cycling this past year. I know...I don't know how many times my trainer in high school and college told me runners don't cycle, and what do I do??? I took up cycling during a knee injury this past year and have loved it ever since (sorry Coach "O"). I still love running, but am a little embarrassed to say that I am currently riding a lot more than running.
Anyways, for Mother's Day I got my first "real" pair of cycling shoes. I love them, but had no idea how expensive of a shoe this could be. Lets just say they range anywhere from two to six times the price of my running shoes. All I can hope for the pocket books sake is that I don't ride through these in a four month time-span like my running shoes. :-)

Thanks boys for the best Mother's Day ever...I love you. :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

you probally already know these facts, but Jason used to do a lot of mountain biking, and this is interesting, he said that the muscles he developed riding, interfered with his running in soccer, and actually slowed him down, so that is probally why your coaches always said runners don't cycle. but as long as you are in it for the excercise, it wouldn't matter if it slowed you down. those shoes look spiffy though, they should make you ride fast!! ;)

Karen said...

I LOVE the spin shoes! I'm so glad you had a great day with your sweet boys.

Tony333 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Clicky Web Analytics